Personal account terms
Select an icon to read more
With Shrap you can:
- Get change paid straight into your Shrap account
- Pay at participating shops or pay other Shrap users from your Shrap account (up to £10)
- Withdraw money from your Shrap account
Shrap is anonymous and non-traceable
Just like cash, Shrap payments are not traced or recorded. You can use Shrap anonymously through our website, mobile app or a Shrap barcode (such as the barcode displayed on a Shrap Change Card).
However, if you want to transfer money to your bank account, we’ll need your bank details.
How do we keep you safe?
- Any money in your Shrap account is held separately from Shrap’s own finances: we can’t use it or clear your account.
- We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and we hold your money securely.
- Your account is PIN protected.
How should you keep yourself safe?
- You can increase the security of any Shrap Change Card by pairing it with a registered account. A registered account allows you to add an email address and customise your PIN.
- If you do not want to register an account, you can increase the security of any Shrap Change Card by updating the temporary PIN on our website.
- Whenever you make a payment, make sure you are paying the right amount to the right recipient. Shrap is anonymous and non-traceable, so we cannot refund any payments (even if you make a mistake).
What fees will I be charged?
The standard service is free to all individuals and small businesses. To see a complete listing of our fees, click here.
Does my balance expire?
Like cash, your Shrap balance does not expire.
Shrap may offer bonuses which will be added to the balance on your account: these may expire if you don’t use your account for more than 90 days.
You can close your account at any time
You can close your account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and we’ll refund any outstanding balance to your bank account. If we already have your bank details this is normally done within a week, but may take longer if we need to ask for your bank details.
Upon termination of your account, Shrap won’t compensate you for any losses resulting from no longer being able to access the account.
To use Shrap, you must:
- follow all local laws, rules and regulations
- avoid doing anything that maliciously or disproportionately overloads our systems
- only use funds that are the result of lawful activities.
The services are provided to you ‘as is’. While we do the best we can to make sure our services are available, we can’t guarantee you’ll always be able to access them (for example, if our systems are down or the internet is unavailable).
We may refuse to offer our services to any person or entity, or discontinue our services.
We have limited responsibility
We aren’t accountable for any payment you do, because Shrap is just like change in your pocket: if you spend it or lose it, it’s gone. If you want a fully traceable solution, Shrap is not right for you.
Shrap isn’t responsible to you or to any third-party for any claims or damages that may result from using Shrap.
Don’t copy our stuff!
Shrap owns its services and all associated content (or uses them with someone’s else permission). These include, without limitation: software, web technologies, source code, concepts, artwork, photos, animations, sounds, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, and virtual items.
You aren’t allowed to resell or copy any of it for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
If you don't follow the rules...
If we suspect that you are not complying with these terms, we may restrict your access to Shrap or delete your account without letting you know first.
You will also protect
- its affiliates,
- its service providers, and
- each of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees, and representatives
from any claim or demand, including
- legal fees and costs, and
- any fines, fees or penalties imposed by any regulatory authority
which may arise out of your
- breach of these Terms or
- use and/or access of our services.
About these terms and Shrap
Shrap is a limited company (number 11349561) registered at
87 North Road,
England, BH14 0LT.
The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms.
Summaries and images in these terms are not legally enforceable: we just added them to help you better understand the terms.